IMAGINE A WORLD

Richard Louv is Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Children & Nature Network, an organization supporting the international movement to connect children, their families and their communities to the natural world. He is the author of eight books, including "Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder" and "The Nature Principle." In 2008, he was awarded the Audubon Medal.

A New Year’s Wish and Resolution:

This year, become a Natural Teacher, a Regional Campaign Leader, a Natural Family, a young Natural Leader, a Pediatrician Who Prescribes Nature, a Let’s G.O.! (Get Outside) event organizer, an architect for change, and more. Or support C&NN through a tax deductible donation. And thanks to those who already connect kids to nature.

1. Hello Richard,
    My name is Allan, I live in Temecula, CA
    I share nature with kids that have never experienced it. I have seen their eyes light up in a forest, in the desert, on the ocean… I want to do more, and I have so much more to give. How can I help? Can we join forces? I’ll wait to hear back from you.

Allan

2. What can I do to help further the mission of C&NN’s internal workings? I would love to be more involved in meetings, become a Board member, be on a committee, help promote the Natural Teacher in some way to revive the award. Let me know if you would have a use for me.

3. Will you ever be comming to Rhode Island ? If mnaybe when ,I’m a big fan and I think if you came to ourschool ,the teachers wpiold just love it and maybe we could get lots of parents to also come.

4. Thank you for the perfect expression of our center’s goal for 2013. We want a “real” not “virtual” experience for those who come here. The pressure is on to use more technology in experiencing nature. I quote Pulitzer prize winner Robert Coles” Learning proceeds best when we rely less on sophisticated technique and material and more on native equipment: eyes, ears, and the oldest instrument of knowledge human beings possess – ignorance and the curiosity that is associated with it.” I saved this quote from 1979. Is it not even more true today?
    We will share your wonderful words on our website.

5. Janice Swaisgood

Hi Allan!

My name is Janice Swaisgood, and I am the National Coordinator for Nature Clubs for Families with C&NN. I also happen to live just south of you in North County San Diego (Scripps Ranch). My husband and I have a very active family nature club and are currently looking for more volunteer leaders. I’m not sure if you’ve got a family or not, but if you do, we should talk! =) Maybe you are more interested in the Natural Teachers Network? How do you see yourself? Natural Leader? Natural Teacher? Natural Family? Other??

Also, sounds like you should definitely join the forum(s) on C&NN Connect. Here’s the main link: http://childrenandnature.ning.com/

There you will find many forums that will surely fit your interests — feel free to jump right into any interesting conversations!

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you. Janice@familyadventuresinnature.org

All the best,
    Janice

6. I teach at Busch Wildlife in education, I lead a jr naturalist program. I am an artist and photographer and teaching Art in Nature classes outside at our local beach and parks would love to talk to someone to get advice on becoming more involved. This is my passion just interested in making a more full-time career. and looking for guidence. Thank you! This is my passion and I am known around my circles as Mother Nature! please take a look at my blog/website for more info on me and what I am doing.
    Brenda