JobsLocal, Regional, National and International
Join Our Team
Please submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time contract position
The Children & Nature Network (C&NN) seeks an accomplished grant writer and fundraising specialist to develop foundation, corporate and federal grant proposals, manage annual reporting, and additional annual fundraising initiatives to meet annual fundraising goals for a rapidly growing organization.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement,The Development Manager is responsible for supporting and executing the Development plan for the Children & Nature Network (C&NN). Primary areas of responsibility include collaborating with program staff and consultants to create high impact proposals and reports and managing the implementation of the annual Development communications strategy.
This is a full-time contract position. Contractor must provide his/her own work space, computer and phone. The ideal, candidate will have a passion for the mission of connecting children to nature, have a minimum of 4 years experience working in nonprofit development, communciations, or related position, and be a team player.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Grant writing and management
- Draft, edit, format, and submit precise, and compelling proposals, concept papers, reports, and other written communications that present Children & Nature Network’s work clearly and vividly to existing and potential funders
- Liaise with program staff to describe unique, impactful, measurable, and persuasive aspects of our programs to share with funders; Collaborate with program staff to efficiently and accurately produce grant reports that are in compliance with funder restrictions and reinforce the impact of Children & Nature Network’s work, positioning the organization for future funding
- Manage Development calendar to track funder deadlines and other Development communication efforts to ensure that materials are submitted in full and on time
- Conduct prospect research on potential foundation and individual donors
- Track and organize examples of demonstrated impact and write up “case studies” of organizational successes
- Work with Director of Advancement to establish annual fund strategy and timeline.
- Manage creation of all annual fund materials, including both print and electronic media
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications to establish a communications calendar and messages to support the annual fund.
- Manage annual fund Steward process, ensuring that all annual fund volunteers have the materials and support needed to successfully support annual fund efforts.
- Manage individual donor stewardship process, ensuring that donor thank yous go out in a timely and high quality way and are regularly updated, creating and sending donor updates and managing major donor individualized stewardship plans.
- Assist with sponsor recruitment and execute sponsorship fulfillment
- Assist with conference exhibitor recruitment and execute fulfillment
- Support Development related programming or on-site funder needs
- Provide planning and strategy support for C&NN fundraising events.
- Assist C&NN team members with preparations for house parties and special events, such as creation of invitations, collateral materials, etc.
- Ensure that information about who attended events is collected and recorded in donor database.
- Assist in creating and executing plan for following up with individuals who attend special events to encourage ongoing support of C&NN.
- Assist in developing and executing a donor and key constituent communications plan, including developing and preparing an Annual Report and regular donor updates.
- Develop and update case documents.
- Work with Communications Team to draft emails to C&NN constituents.
Little Green Light Database Management
Work with Administrative Coordinator to ensure all donor data is being captured accurately and efficiently and that LGL can be relied on as an accurate source of donor information.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
The Children & Nature Network is a virtual organization with no central office or hub. Some travel, occasionally international is required for conferences, trainings, partnership and/or funding development.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. and travel independently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive annual contract DOQ. Contractor must provide his/her own workspace, computer and phone.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter of interest along with a current resume to: email@example.com Please write Development Manger in the subject line.
The position is open until filled.