The 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference and Summit is presented through a partnership between the Children & Nature Network (C&NN) and the Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF).
Our 2017 conference theme, “Kids Need Nature, Nature Needs Kids,” reflects our goal of ensuring that all children have access to the many benefits of nature — and the need to inspire new generations of environmental stewards.
The conference will promote meaningful, cross-sector engagement to create a world in which all children have access to nature in their daily lives by:
- Presenting evidence about the role that nature plays in healthy childhood development
- Sharing best and promising practices
- Providing actionable tools and resources
- Exploring and advancing strategies for policy change
- Including representation from diverse voices, backgrounds and sectors
- Inspiring participants to take personal/professional action to increase nature access for children, families and communities around the world
- Strengthen connections and relationships in the growing international community of children and nature advocates
In 2016, the Children & Nature Network International Conference and Summit was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA. The four-day gathering brought together 716 participants from 18 countries. Visit our 2016 conference archive to see highlights, including keynote speeches.