Where and when will the 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference conference be held?
2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference
Westin Bayshore Hotel
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
April 18-21, 2017
- Welcome Reception: 5:00 – 6:30 pm, Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Summit on Nature for an Urban World: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- C&NN Conference: Thursday, April 20 – 12pm, Friday, April 21, 2017
REGISTRATION & TRAVEL
If you are travelling from outside of Canada, it is important to ensure that your passport is valid, and that you have all the appropriate travel documents. If you are a visa-exempt foreign national, you may need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization.
As a conference attendee or speaker, you do not need to apply for a Canadian work visa, but you should understand the work visa requirements.
How do I get to the conference from the airport?
The airport is approximately 15.0 km/9.32 miles from the Westin Hotel.
Detailed information on the easy trip from the airport can be found here.
Where should I stay?
Click here for hotel information.
What is the cost of registration?
The full listing of Summit and Conference registration fees can be found here.
Are discounts available?
- Early bird rates apply until November 30, 2016.
- Student Discounts are available for high school, undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in full-time program and under the age of 30.
Are scholarships available?
A limited number of registration scholarships will be available. The application process will begin January 19, 2017
Whom do I contact with questions?
Please send questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the conference refund policy?
We realize plans can change. You may request a full refund of registration fees up to 48 hours after purchase. Should you wish to cancel your registration after the 48-hour grace period, please submit a written cancellation request to email@example.com. Your registration fee will be refunded, less a $75 administrative fee. Regretfully, no refunds will be given after March 1, 2017.
The name on the registration doesn’t match the attendee. Is that OK?
The attendee name, title and organization on the registration form must match the attendee. Please review and update the information for each attendee prior to the event to ensure that they are listed correctly in the attendee directory and that their name tag for the event can be printed in advance.
Will the conference be made accessible to people with disabilities?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with any questions or specific accommodation requests. During the conference, information will also be available at the Information Booth at the Westin Bayshore Convention Center. Service animals trained specifically to assist people with disabilities are welcome at all events
The Conference does NOT provide:
- DEVICES that are personal or individually prescribed, such as wheelchairs, prescription eyeglasses, or hearing aids.
- SERVICES of a personal nature, such as assistance in eating, toileting or dressing, or the pushing of wheelchairs. Specific circumstances are detailed below.
Questions about the accessible facilities and services offered at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver should be directed to the hotel at (1)(604) 682-3377.
Information about city wide accessibility in Vancouver can be found here.
Are meals provided?
Summit registration fee includes breakfast and lunch on Wednesday, 4/19, only.
Summit and Conference registration fee includes five (5) meals:
- Wednesday, April 19th: Breakfast & Lunch
- Thursday, April 20th: Breakfast & Lunch
- Friday, April 21st: Breakfast
How should I pack?
The Westin Hotel is in close proximity to fabulous outdoor spaces so there will be wonderful opportunities to spend time in and with nature as part of the program. April in Vancouver can be wet. But a little rain won’t stop the fun! Be sure to bring weather appropriate gear such as raincoats, umbrellas and rain boots. Outside experiences will be held unless the weather is too severe in which case we will shift to indoor alternates. Overall dress for the conference is casual and comfortable.
MORE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
Can I present a workshop at the 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference?
You are invited to submit a proposal to share your ideas, expertise or research as a workshop presenter. Deadline for submissions is October 15 at midnight PDT. Click here to view RFP guidelines and application form. Applicants will be notified regarding submissions via e-mail by October 30, 2016.
Can I present a poster on my work?
Information on the poster session will be available on November 15, 2016.
Can I bring resources or materials to share with conference participants?
If you have Resource Materials that other conference participants could benefit from, here are details on sharing your print materials, handouts, flyers and other giveaways.
In the spirit of learning from and inspiring each other, C&NN will provide an information table where grassroots initiatives, family nature clubs, Natural Leaders, community groups, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies, etc. can offer handouts and takeaways to other conference participants.
Here’s how it works:
- You bring the resource materials with you.*
- You take home whatever materials are left over.
- Plan to bring a maximum of 2 different resources to share.
- Plan on 500 conference attendees when deciding how many giveaways to bring.
- If you wish to share a resource as DISPLAY ONLY, please make sure it is clearly marked as such. (Since the information table will be serve-yourself, C&NN can not guarantee the display copy will stay on display.)
- All information should be non-commercial. (If you have a book, film, service or product you would like to share, please refer to the Exhibitor Guidelines.)
*(If you need to have the materials shipped to you, please contact the Westin directly.)
Can I volunteer at the conference?
Yes! Volunteers help us keep the conference fees to a minimum by:
- Helping with registration
- Monitoring sessions
- Taking tickets at meals and other events
- Assisting with special events
Volunteer roles are filled on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to volunteer, please e-mail email@example.com and include “Conference Volunteer ” in the e-mail subject.
We plan to finalize volunteer needs and jobs in early 2017.
How do I become a sponsor?
Connect with leaders and activists from the children and nature movement by becoming a sponsor today. Visit the Sponsor Page for more information.
Where can I sign up to purchase an exhibit booth?
For more information about becoming an exhibitor, please visit our exhibiting information page located here.
How can I access the program schedule?
The schedule for the conference is coming soon! Through Sched, you will be able to create your personalized event schedule online. We will email all registered attendees when that is ready.
How can I connect with other conference participants?
Make sure you add your photo, bio, email address and website to your profile in Sched if you want others to be able to connect with you before and after the conference.
Still have questions? Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.