Where and when will the 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference conference be held?
2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference
Westin Bayshore Hotel
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
April 18-21, 2017
- Welcome Reception: 5:00 – 6:30 pm, Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Summit on Nature for an Urban World: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- C&NN Conference: Thursday, April 20 – 12pm, Friday, April 21, 2017
REGISTRATION & TRAVEL
If you are travelling from outside of Canada, it is important to ensure that your passport is valid, and that you have all the appropriate travel documents. If you are a visa-exempt foreign national, you may need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization.
As a conference attendee or speaker, you do not need to apply for a Canadian work visa, but you should understand the work visa requirements.
Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.
Letter of Recognition
How do I get to the conference from the airport?
The Westin is located 9.2 miles (14.8 km) from Vancouver International Airport. The approximate cost of a taxi from the airport to the Westin is $30-40 CAD. Travel time is approximately 35 minutes.
Skytrain, the oldest and longest, fully-automated, driverless, rapid-transit system in the world, offers an easy alternative to travel from the airport to the Westin. Skytrain’s Canada Line is a new train service linking Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to downtown. Guests can take the train directly from the airport (YVR Station) to downtown (Waterfront Station). The train ride takes 20 minutes. From the Waterfront SkyTrain Station, guests can either take a taxi (approximately five minutes) or enjoy a picturesque walk along the seawall (10 to 15 minutes).
Detailed information on the easy trip from the airport can be found here.
Is parking available at the Westin?
Parking is available at the Westin for the following rates:
Self Parking: $38 per night CAD (including taxes)
Valet Parking: $42 per night CAD (including taxes)
Where should I stay?
The Westin Hotel Green Choice Program
Cell Phone Service
What is the cost of registration?
Are discounts available?
- Early bird rates apply until November 30, 2016.
- Student Discounts are available for high school, undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in full-time program and under the age of 30.
Are scholarships available?
Whom do I contact with questions?
What is the conference refund policy?
The name on the registration doesn’t match the attendee. Is that OK?
ADDITIONAL ATTENDEE INFORMATION
Connecting at the Conference
Certificates of Attendance
Will the conference be made accessible to people with disabilities?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with any questions or specific accommodation requests. During the conference, information will also be available at the Information Booth at the Westin Bayshore Convention Center. Service animals trained specifically to assist people with disabilities are welcome at all events
The Conference does NOT provide:
- DEVICES that are personal or individually prescribed, such as wheelchairs, prescription eyeglasses, or hearing aids.
- SERVICES of a personal nature, such as assistance in eating, toileting or dressing, or the pushing of wheelchairs. Specific circumstances are detailed below.
Questions about the accessible facilities and services offered at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver should be directed to the hotel at (1)(604) 682-3377.
Information about city wide accessibility in Vancouver can be found here.
Are meals provided?
Summit registration fee includes breakfast and lunch on Wednesday, 4/19, only.
Summit and Conference registration fee includes five (5) meals:
- Wednesday, April 19th: Breakfast & Lunch
- Thursday, April 20th: Breakfast & Lunch
- Friday, April 21st: Breakfast
Packing & the Weather
April temperatures in Vancouver are generally on the cooler side, ranging between 41 degrees F and 55 F. Bring your rain gear – jacket, hat, poncho and/or umbrella for a Vancouver April.
Average weather for Vancouver in April
High Temperature : 12°C / 54°F
Low Temperature : 5°C / 41°F
Typical weather: expect lots of rain.
Conference walkshops will take place outside, rain or shine. Please plan for all weather conditions. On walkshop days, put on your walking shoes, bring your rain gear, and come prepared for an outdoor adventure!
Here is a suggested list of items to pack:
- Lip balm
- Reusable water bottle
- Spare battery for some your devices
- Note book
- Mints or gum
- Zip lock (You never know)
- Spare sweater
- Your Business cards
- Somewhere to place other people’s business cards
- Small first aid kit. (Bandaids and wipes)
- Any medications that you may require
- Personal hygienic products.
MORE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
Can I present a workshop at the 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference?
Can I present a poster on my work?
Can I bring resources or materials to share with conference participants?
If you have Resource Materials that other conference participants could benefit from, here are details on sharing your print materials, handouts, flyers and other giveaways.
In the spirit of learning from and inspiring each other, C&NN will provide an information table where grassroots initiatives, family nature clubs, Natural Leaders, community groups, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies, etc. can offer handouts and takeaways to other conference participants.
Here’s how it works:
- You bring the resource materials with you.*
- You take home whatever materials are left over.
- Plan to bring a maximum of 2 different resources to share.
- Plan on 500 conference attendees when deciding how many giveaways to bring.
- If you wish to share a resource as DISPLAY ONLY, please make sure it is clearly marked as such. (Since the information table will be serve-yourself, C&NN can not guarantee the display copy will stay on display.)
- All information should be non-commercial. (If you have a book, film, service or product you would like to share, please refer to the Exhibitor Guidelines.)
*(If you need to have the materials shipped to you, please contact the Westin directly.)
Can I volunteer at the conference?
Yes! Volunteers help us keep the conference fees to a minimum by:
- Helping with registration
- Monitoring sessions
- Taking tickets at meals and other events
- Assisting with special events
Volunteer roles are filled on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to volunteer, please e-mail email@example.com and include “Conference Volunteer ” in the e-mail subject.
We plan to finalize volunteer needs and jobs in early 2017.