Take a Child Outside Week
September 24—September 30 Annually
Take A Child Outside Week is a program designed to help break down obstacles that keep children from discovering the natural world. By arming parents, teachers and other caregivers with resources on outdoor activities, our goal is to help children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live, and a burgeoning enthusiasm for its exploration.
* connects children to the natural world
* helps kids focus in school
* reduces chances of obesity
So take a child outside!
On this site you can:
* pledge to take a child outside and record your outdoor experiences
* get ideas for outdoor activities
* find participating organizations in your area
Come, be a part of this national movement!
For more information or to offer financial support, contact Liz Baird, Director of School Programs, at 919.733.7450 x601.
This program is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and is held in cooperation with partner organizations across the U.S. and Canada. Take a Child Outside Week is sponsored locally by Dover Foundation, Inc. and Great Outdoor Provision Company.