Federal Regulatory Policies
Identifies 55 priority actions for systemic PK–12 infrastructure reform
- Mary Filardo, Jeffrey M. Vincent
- The Center for Cities + Schools at University of California - Berkeley
Case studies of systemic urban schoolyard transformation yield innovative and tangible approaches for replication.
- Healthy Schools Campaign & Openlands
An Arkansas state tax on tobacco funds partnerships that promote physical activity in schools.
- Arkansas Department of Education
New York City’s multi-agency green infrastructure program
- New York Department of Environmental Protection
Park walkability scores and green infrastructure are used as programmatic and funding strategies for schoolyard transformation.
- The Trust for Public Land
One school district’s guide for reducing stormwater on school grounds with lesson plans for teachers and maintenance resources for administrators
- Witchita State University
Lectures highlight school districts innovating outdoor education spaces with a focus on stormwater management
- Green Schoolyards America
Green schoolyards selection criteria prioritizes stormwater capture and equitable access
A case study from a collaboration in Newport News, VA
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- June 2017