Managing Specific Design Features
Detailed descriptions and images for appropriate tree planting and maintenance
- Canadian Biodiversity Institute
Pollinator-friendly schoolyard gardens provide monarch habitat and cross-curricular learning.
- National Wildlife Federation
Understand potential partners and agreements when seeking access to public land for growing food.
- Ben Winig, Heather Wooten
- ChangeLab Solutions
Growing food on your green schoolyard? Follow these protocols for safe and healthy harvest and food service.
Pollinator planting guides tailored to specific areas of the United States
Learn how to start, maintain and teach with schoolyard gardens
- Westcave & Children in Nature Collaborative of Austin (CiNCA)
A compelling case for teaching outdoors and how-to tips
- Herb Broda
- Green Schools National Network
Local authorities can design and maintain stimulating nature play opportunities for kids.
- Lisa Davis, Adam White, Jane Knight
- Play England
How to plan, start and maintain native plant gardens in green schoolyards
- California Native Plant Society
Resources for every step of managing school gardens
- Collective School Garden Network
Ideas for schoolyard summer garden care
A collection of skills-building curricula to activate schoolyard gardens
Resources for every stage of schoolyard greening, programming and maintenance
- Debby Morton, Tim Cameron, Jane Hayes
Understanding the value of trees and their locations can help the planting and stewardship of trees on green schoolyards
- TreePeople, City Plants, City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation & Parks